The bag I’m using is a Targus Atmosphere for 17-18” Laptop. (Not available on Amazon US, but might be delivered to the US if you use Amazon FR)
I originally bought this bag back in 2007 when I started University and for my very first Laptop a Dell Inspiron 1720. Over the past 10 years, it was my favorite bag, even if during the 3 years I switched to a be.ez LE vertigo. But I can tell you the Targus Atmosphere is the best back bag I ever had!
First, it is huge! You can store so many things. In 2012, when I left France for an internship in the US, I was able to store all my computer stuff in it and it was a lot of stuff. I’m speaking of a MacBook Pro, 3 external hard drives, 1 big laptop cooler, 1 mouse, 1 Beats Pro, 1 big power strip, a bunch of cables and adaptors, and about 5 pairs of socks because I wasn’t able to fit them in my checked bag.
Today, I use it to go to work and inside you can find:
- MacBook Pro and its charger
- Bentology Portion Perfect
- A pair of light duty gloves
- A pair of Custom SunGod Classics²
- A Google umbrella that I bought when I visited the Google Plex in California in 2013.
- A Mosslian microfiber cloth to clean my MacBook Pro and iPhone screen and my glasses (AmazonFR) (AmazonUS)
- A Phillips #000 screwdriver (useful for glasses)
- An Apple USB-A to Lightning cable
- A USB-C to Lightning cable (AmazonFR) (AmazonUS)
- A USB-C to HDMI Cable (AmazonFR) (AmazonUS)
- A Smith & Wesson SWBG1 Border Guard 2 Knife (AmazonFR) (AmasonUS)
- A Black Sharpie
- Some feet of rope
I also bring with me a little medical pouch (small ziplock) inside it:
- Single doses Eye Wash Solution
- Single doses Levofree
- Some BandAid
- Gaviscon Liquid Antacid
- Some anti-stomach ache pills
- Blistex (Labelo in France)
- A small toothbrush and toothpaste
- Dental floss
Recently I bought a new Targus Atmosphere before they stop selling it and for when my old one start asking for retirement. Here the photo of the new one and the 10 years old bag.
You can see it’s a very durable bag. You can also notice Targus made some changes on the bag. In 2007 you had a little mobile-phone bag you can button on one of the straps and you also had a removable belly belt, now this belt can’t be removed. They also change their logo company.
If you have a bag you love, you can share your bag and explain why you choose this one by posting it in the comment section down below.